Here you'll find many of the professional, academic, and personal software development projects I've worked on over the years. You can also view my Resume and Portfolio. - Ryli
Links to some of the most popular free tools I've developed are listed below for convenience. For a more complete listing and description of projects I've been involved with, check out my Portfolio.
- BNSF Signals Quizzer - An interactive guide of the different types of signal aspects in use on the BNSF Railway. Includes a quizzer to test memorization of the various aspects and indications as well as an experimental interactive block signaling simulator.
An assortment of memorization-aid quizzers to help rotary-wing flight school students learn their aircraft limits, emergency procedures, and aircraft systems.
- Case Enumeration and Branching Code Generator - A tool that shows all possible enumerations of given boolean variables. Method stubs can be assigned to various cases and the tool will generate the relevant if/else conditional code. It will also parse branching code that consists solely of boolean variables. Useful for adding conditions to branching code that contains a lot of nesting. The tool will also generate different styles of code, so it can be used to 'rewrite' equivalent branching logic in different ways (i.e. nested or flat). It also has an option to simplify the boolean expressions in the branching code
- COBOL Working Storage Generator - Use this set up your working storage fields visually using a clickable/draggable interface. This will generate the code for you. Useful for creating report headers.
- CICS Map Generator - Build CICS maps visually using a clickable/draggable interface. Position fields exactly where you want them, modify their properties, and this will generate your map code. It will even parse your existing code so you don't have to start from scratch.
- BlackJack - Try your hand at some blackjack and learn blackjack basic strategy. This simulation will alert you if you attempt to make a play that is not good basic strategy.
- HiLo Count - A tool that demonstrates blackjack 'HiLo' card-counting strategy. Can you keep up with the count?
- Craps - Test different playing strategies with this craps simulator. Rather than simulating the actual visual appearance of a craps layout, this simulation focuses more on the stats and an easy-to-understand table layout for experimenting with the following bets: pass, don't pass, come, don't come, buy, lay, and put. Proposition bets are ignored as these tend to be 'sucker' bets anyways and not useful in developing sound craps betting strategies.
- Kronos Clock-Out Calculator - Use this to calculate your 'window of opportunity' to clock in and out on a Kronos time-tracking system and avoid accidental overtime/undertime at work due to time rounding.